For this delicious risotto we thank “nonno Franco” and a special ingredient: Bastola, our strong red ale.
- 1 bottle (33 cl) of Birra Flea "Bastola"
- carnaroli rice (350 grams)
- 1 white onion
- mascarpone cheese (100 grams)
- speck (150 grams)
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- butter (30 grams)
- 2 spoons of minced parsley
- 3 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 spoons of parmesan cheese (to your liking)
- freshly ground white pepper
Heat the butter in a saucepan with a spoon of oil, add the minced onion and let it sweat for some minutes.
Add the speck and wait for about 10/15 minutes until it is crispy.
Heat the remaining olive oil in another pot, add the rice and let it toast for a few minutes.
Add the beer gradually and let the rice absorb it, then add the broth gradually and let it be absorbed completely.
When half-cooked add onion, speck, freshly ground white pepper and, lastly, mascarpone cheese; add a pinch of salt, if necessary.
When the rice is almost done, take it off the heat and cream it with parmesan cheese and minced parsley.
Pair it with a glass of our beer “Bastola”.
In the picture: Wald plats, fabrics and cutlery: "Attimi di impronte" collection, hand-decorated Kergrès.